We’re focused on working safely with COVID-19 in our communities.
The government has dropped most of the COVID-19 rules that were part of the old the traffic light system.
There are now fewer requirements (mask wearing isn’t compulsory outside of health or aged care settings) and a greater focus on people staying home when sick.
Here’s how this affects how we’ll work with you
- ŌCHT staff will still wear face masks when visiting your home
- You don’t need to wear a mask when visiting us (but you can if you want)
- The ŌCHT office is open 8.30am – 5pm and our 24/7 phone line (0800 624 456) operates as normal
- The community lounges are open – you don’t need to wear a mask (but you can if you want) and social distancing is at your discretion
- Our team is still fully vaccinated
- Like you, we’ll isolate for 7 days when we’re sick
- We’re here to help. Give us a call on 0800 624 456 if you’re affected by COVID-19, feel isolated and need help
We’ll regularly review what’s happening to be sure we’re doing all we can to keep each other safe.
Like you’ll we’ll keep an eye on the latest government advice. You can find that here.
It’s here to stay – but we can all take these simple precautions
- Self-isolate for 7 days if we test positive for COVID-19
- Avoid close contact with people with cold or flu-like illnesses
- Cover our coughs and sneezes
- Wash hands for at least 20 seconds with water and soap, and dry them thoroughly
Please remember to be kind, be patient, and to look after one another.
The virus has settled in – let’s do what we can to limit its spread
He waka eke noa
We are all in this together