We’re a team that wants to make a difference in the lives of those most in need of community housing. Maybe you do, too.
Our team covers everything from tenancy management, tenant well-being and customer service to maintenance, project planning and finance.
The work we do is as diverse as the skills we bring to it. Our team has people with backgrounds in community work, project management, building, business, administration, central and local government, law, accounting, health and safety, logistics, property management and even journalism… the list is as long as the opportunities.
If you’d like to add your skills to that list, please keep an eye out for our vacancies. We’d love to hear from you.
Customer Services Operator
We’re looking for a customer service superstar to be our newest Housing Champion, in a team passionate about supporting our tenants and making a difference in peoples’ lives.
ŌCHT has recently redesigned how it does things. By thinking of a tenant’s experience, ŌCHT has focused on four key functions: Great Tenant Services, Tenant Well-being, Tenancy and Property Services (including building new community homes) and Business Support. We want this redesign to support tenants to be independent and have control over their lives.
About the role
The Customer Services Operators have a key role in this. They:
- Provide a welcoming, friendly and positive customer service
- Handle customer enquiries efficiently, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction
- Communicate effectively to understand the needs of tenants
- Dispatch and oversee maintenance work with contractors
Their experience and qualifications requirements are:
- Experience in exceptional customer service delivery, including in challenging situations
- Strong administration experience (this’ll help support our busy Maintenance and Tenancy teams)
- At least intermediate level knowledge and use of Microsoft Office, in particular Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in the housing sector, or in a related social/community sector, would be advantageous.
This is a permanent, full-time position. Candidates must have a full driver’s licence and the right to live and work in New Zealand.
We require all new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This means you will need to provide confirmation that you are fully vaccinated before you can commence employment.
About the Trust
ŌCHT is a charitable trust and, with 2500 properties, is the second largest community housing provider in New Zealand.
ŌCHT was established in 2016 and signed a Deed of Lease with the Christchurch City Council in the same year. This lease gives ŌCHT rights to lease the Council’s portfolio, renewing first at 5 years (2021) and subsequently at 10 years with three further rights of renewal.
Over five years ŌCHT has doubled in size and has grown its equity position from $0 to $60 million. ŌCHT holds a property portfolio of $120 million and has built 230 quality community homes for Christchurch.
Please apply via Seek with your CV including your qualifications and experience, and a covering letter outlining the contribution you believe you could make to ŌCHT.