Our approach to quality, the environment and safety are ISO certified.
Ōtautahi Community Housing Trust’s approaches to quality management, health and safety and the environment are International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) certified.
Our approaches meet internationally applied benchmarks – and reflect our commitment to our tenants and to our wider community, and to social, economic and environmental sustainability.
The certifications show we have the systems and processes to deliver quality service and outcomes across key areas of work. We’re committed to maintaining our ISO certificates.
We’re proud to be among the few community housing providers in New Zealand to achieve ISO certification in these areas, and the annually reviewed accreditation will continue to drive improvement.
Certification was awarded after an extensive ŌCHT-wide audit process that included a documentation and application review, pre-audit, initial assessment, and clearance of non-conformances.
Our ISO certifications
ISO 9001:2015: We’re assessed as operating a Quality Management System conforming to this standard. We:
- demonstrated our ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements and;
- aim to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
ISO 45001:2018: We’re assessed as operating a Health and Safety Management System conforming to this standard. We:
- demonstrated continual improvement of health and safety performance;
- demonstrated the fulfilment of legal requirements and other requirements;
- demonstrated achievement of health and safety objectives.
ISO 14001:2015: We’ve been assessed as operating an Environmental Management System conforming to this standard. We:
- demonstrated our enhancement of environmental performance;
- demonstrated fulfilment of compliance obligations;
- demonstrated achievement of environmental objectives.
Our ISO certifications are underpinned by these key policies:
Why all this matters
- ISO is an international organisation and its standards are developed based on the knowledge of experts worldwide. Certification reflects this knowledge.
- ISO certification is a form of quality assurance. It assures tenants, stakeholders and the wider community that we’re operating to international standards.
- Assessment is truly independent. Accreditation is an expert, independent view of how we work.
- Audits continue. To retain our accreditations, we must continue to operate to international best practice.
- Maintaining ISO standards will help us consistently maintain quality in the accreditation areas, even-as international practice develops.
Independent certification body Telarc conducted the audit and assessment of our quality management, health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
Telarc is a Crown Entity Subsidiary and has been certifying New Zealand organisations since 1973. It’s experienced and trusted.