Our complaints process



We want you to be happy in your home

We know, though, that at times you might need to tell us that you’re not happy with something. It might be because of something that we’ve done.

Whatever the issue, we want to resolve the situation so you can can be happy in your home.

What can we look at?

Let us know if you’re not satisfied about the quality or standard of a service we provide or how we’ve behaved. You might, for example, not be happy with the way we’ve handled a report of anti-social behavior. 

Complaints on service received: what happens next?

We know that things go wrong and, wherever possible, we would like the chance to work with you first to put things right. We take all complaints about our services seriously. We’ll do our best to deal with your issue promptly and fairly.

To report a problem, please phone us on 0800 624 456 to discuss the problem. We will make every effort to resolve the matter for you there and then or refer the matter on to for a speedy local resolution if it cannot be resolved straightaway.


  • Complete our online compliments and complaints form (it’s at the top of the page)
  • Request we send you a form and return it to our offices at 61 Kilmore Street, Christchurch 8013
  • Visit our offices at 61 Kilmore Street, Christchurch 8013, to get a form/speak with a member of the team. 

Resolution process

Once you have reported this to us, your complaint will be acknowledged either verbally, via email or a letter will be sent to you within five working days stating who will be dealing with your case.

The nominated manager will work with you until resolution has been achieved or at least have explained why we cannot meet your request. They will agree with you a timescale for resolution of the matter you have raised. 

Independent review of your case

If all the actions agreed to resolve your issue have been carried out and you remain dissatisfied, please go back to the named person who dealt with your complaint in the first instance. They will then review the complaint and our initial response with the Trust’s Senior Advisor who will contact you regarding the outcome of the review of your complaint.


If you’re not happy with the outcome of our review, you may wish to make an application to Tenancy Services for mediation between the Trust and yourself. Visit www.tenancy.govt.nz or call 0800 836 262 for further information. 

What’s not covered

There’s several things we don’t cover under the resolution process.

  • making a complaint about another neighbour (please contact us on 0800 624 456 ).
  • insurance claims (once a claim passes to our insurers, we must close any related complaint pending the insurer’s decision);
  • situations where you are currently taking legal action against us (contact us on 0800 624 456 for more information about what to do in these circumstances);
  • if the incident happened more than six months ago, during which you never brought it to our attention, unless you have only just become aware of it;
  • the level or reasonableness of your rent

Help raising your issue

If you are a tenant and need help in raising your issue, you may wish to arrange for an advocate to support you. We will require written consent from you for the advocate to speak on your behalf before we can discuss any details. 

Complaining about a noisy neighbour

We take anti-social behaviour seriously. Please contact us on 0800 624 456 to discuss this further.


Compliments and complaints form

Please fill out your details here – we will get back to as soon as possible.

Please select a valid form.